Stunt Driving and Racing
Charged with Stunt Driving and Racing?
We can help!
Ontario Stunt Driving and Racing Penalties:
- For a first offence of Stunt Driving and Racing charges, the penalty includes a minimum Fine of $2,000 and up to a maximum of $10,000. You will also have to pay court costs and a Victim Surcharge ranging between $500 and $2,500.
- Immediate roadside suspension of your Driver’s License for 7 days.
- Seven days seizure of the vehicle that you were driving, regardless of who owns it. This also means that if the vehicle is a rental, you will be responsible for an additional 7 days of rental fees.
**To get the vehicle back, you will have to pay towing charges and storage fees for the seven days that could cost thousands of dollars.
- License suspension up to 2 years (for a Second Offence – up to 10 years License Suspension) or, if your license is not suspended, you will automatically receive 6 Demerit Points from the Ministry of Transportation. At the end of your driver’s license suspension, you will have to pay $150.00 to the Ministry of Transportation to get your driver’s license back.
- Jail sentence up to 6 months.
- If you injure or kill someone while Stunt Driving and Racing, you could be charged with a Criminal Offence and face up to 14 years imprisonment.